Mestergruppen, Scandinavia’s largest player in the building materials trade, consists of the building trade chains XL-BYGG, BOLIST and Järnia. The master group has a fantastic growth journey ahead of it and is now looking for another category manager with responsibility for the color and garden categories. Apply today as we work with ongoing selection!
Information about the assignment
As category manager, you will be part of the Purchasing department, the core of Mestergruppen’s operations and have overall responsibility towards stores where you will handle assortment, purchase prices and agreements, within your categories.
You are offered
- The opportunity to take part in an exciting journey within the Master Group, where you will have to take on an important role within the company. Since Mestergruppen has operations and purchasing departments in both Sweden and Norway, the service involves Nordic negotiations.
- A secure employment with a collective agreement, with location in nice premises in Solna beach, with close access to both gym, pool and pleasant outdoor environments
- A culture that is reflected in the vision of being a good team player and thus characterized by openness, inclusion, and a lot of laughter
The position is a direct recruitment where you will be employed directly by Mestergruppen.
- Have overall responsibility for a category including its subcategories
- Perform needs analyzes and drive the category forward in agreement with the chains, partners, members and stores with a business approach
- Conduct procurement; sourcing / procurement of products, negotiating and writing supplier agreements
- Suggest promotions and present sales pitches
- Participate in store and supplier meetings, represent and coordinate the category in Assortment and Contract Councils and create and lead Product Councils
- Create category and assortment plans based on market needs and drive assortment development and develop an adapted, attractive and profitable product assortment
- Be responsible for the range at the central warehouse
We are looking for you as
- Speaks and writes fluently in Swedish and English
- Has worked in a similar role before, for example as a category or product manager, buyer or with business development
- Has good knowledge of Excel
We see it as a strong merit if you:
- Has worked in the grocery trade or construction industry before
- Has a relevant university education, preferably as a Master of Business Administration
- Has a B driving license
As a person, you are:
- Relationship building
- Start: By appointment, preferably as soon as possible
- Location: Solna, Stockholm
- The recruitment process is handled by Academic Work and the Master Group’s wish is that all issues concerning the position are handled by Academic Work.
We go through the selection on an ongoing basis and the ad can be shut down before the position is filled if we have moved on to the selection and interview phase.